Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, November 29, 2015, First Mate Slagkick and Captain Spike discuss the history of the Animal Crossing series!
DOOM AND GLOOM
– Team Ninja commented that Dead or Alive Extreme 3 will not be coming to the West due to issues regarding portrayals of women in gaming, and Play Asia responded by blaming “SJW nonsense” and tweeting triggering content.
USGamer calls shenanigans on Team Ninja’s excuses about not releasing DOAX3 in the West, and examines why poor sales of the series is the actual reason why.
– A Price of Games Journalism (Kotaku)
Stephen Totilo speaks up about being blacklisted by Bethesda and Ubisoft for trying to report on Fallout 4 and Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate when they were still secret.
This interview with former Nintendo Game Play Counselors offers a neat look into the past as they discuss the day-to-day details of their jobs and memorable Nintendo anecdotes.
This thoughtful essay discusses why, though 343 Industries is trying hard to make good Halo games, they are missing the mark when it comes to the franchise’s story beats.
This week, First Mate Slagkick and Captain Spike continue their Ninty Nineties series with a look at the nearly 15 year history of Animal Crossing! They discuss how the series has evolved over the years, as well as what the recent spin-offs might suggest about the future of the franchise, along with their personal experiences with the games.
This week, we discuss Animal Crossing! What experiences have you had in animal-populated villages over the years?
Facebook Bonus question: Have you ever gone back to revisit any of your Animal Crossing towns years later? What was that experience like?
RUMOUR HAS IT
First Mate Slagkick has been playing Yo-Kai Watch, World of Warcraft, and Destiny. Captain Spike has been playing Yo-Kai Watch, World of Warcraft, Destiny, and Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. Both Podcast Pirates spent the holiday weekend playing Super Smash Bros. and Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival.
– Anime Buoy, your port of call for anime recommendations, news bits, and discussions that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be!
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the gay video game Prairie Home Companion
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail
– Tables, Ladders, & Podcast, a professional wrestling podcast for the common man
– Joystick Jockeys, two LGBTQ gamers who love games and love talking about them