Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, November 15, 2015, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick discuss the history of Nintendo!
Nintendo Direct 11/12/15
– The Whys and Wherefores of Mighty No. 9 (USGamer)
– The Failure and Fortunes of Red Ash (USGamer)
This two-part interview with Jeremy Parish and Keiji Inafune finally sheds some light on the questionable circumstances revolving Comcept’s latest projects and their Kickstarter drama.
This week, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick discuss the history of Nintendo! Particular focus is given to the company’s early years and their entrance into the world of video games, examining the circumstances and business philosophies that led to the success of the Famicom and its successors. The Podcast Pirates also look to the future of the company and its coming expansion into quality of life services through the lens of the company’s history of innovation and widespread consumer appeal.
This week we talk about the history of Nintendo, from playing cards to the NX! When did you join club Nintendo?
Captain Spike has been playing Destiny, Yo-Kai Watch, Tri Force Heroes, and Civ V, with First Mate Slagkick chiming in on the latter three.
– Anime Buoy, your port of call for anime recommendations, news bits, and discussions that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be!
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the gay video game Prairie Home Companion
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail
– Tables, Ladders, & Podcast, a professional wrestling podcast for the common man
– Joystick Jockeys, two LGBTQ gamers who love games and love talking about them