Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, November 8, 2015, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick celebrate the upcoming 25th anniversary of the Super Famicom!
– Nobuo Uematsu has announced that he isn’t working on the Final Fantasy VII remake at all.
– Super Mario-kun is available as a mystery mushroom in a Super Mario Maker event stage celebrating the manga’s 25th anniversary.
– Chang and Leona have been revealed in the latest King of Fighers XIV trailer.
– A mysterious Shadow Mewtwo has appeared in the latest Pokken Tournament trailer.
– Zero Escape 3’s Western title has been announced as Zero Time Dilemma.
– Hoopa will be available for Pokemon X, Y, OmegaRuby, and AlphaSapphire via Mystery Gift at North American McDonald’s restaurants from November 27 to December 23.
– Mirror’s Edge Catalyst has been delayed until May 2016.
– Activision Blizzard has acquired King, creators of Candy Crush Saga, for $5.9 billion.
– SNK Playmore is closing their pachislot division to re-focus on video games.
– Spike Chunsoft is hosting an event for Danganronpa V3 on December 2.
– Devils Third Online has officially been announced for PC. More details will be revealed on a November 12th stream…
– …where Nexon and Valhalla will also be announcing a new game.
– Monkey Paw has released the English version of Tomba! 2 on the Playstation Store, and it will be free for anyone who bought the Japanese version.
– Nintendo has detailed their first smartphone app, Miitomo, and their new Nintendo Account service.
– There will be at least one more Nintendo Direct before the end of the year.
– Versus Bomberman is a competitive smartphone game with online battles.
– River City Super Sports Challenge ~All Stars Special~ is available on the Playstation Store.
– Gravity Rush Remastered will only get a digital release in North America.
– Quantic Dream have announced Detroit for PS4.
– Gran Turismo Sport has been revealed for PS4.
– Rush of Blood, an Until Dawn spinoff, is coming to Playstation VR.
– SCE and Housemarque have announced Materfall for PS4.
– No Man’s Sky has been delayed until June 2016.
– Dhalsim will be one of the 16 launch characters for Street Fighter V.
– Sony has announced the Playstation Plus League e-sports platform.
– The new Nier project has been revealed as Nier Automata.
DOOM AND GLOOM
– Swery65 is taking a break from game development due to health reasons.
– Sonic 1 and 2 are no longer available for Virtual Console or Xbox Live Arcade in Japan.
This week, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick celebrate the legendary Super Famicom system in advance of its 25th birthday! The Podcast Pirates discuss the hardware that let gamers play with power, release info, and some must-play games for this classic console.
This week we celebrate the Super Famicom’s 25th anniversary! What are your favorite SNES memories?
Captain Spike has been playing Destiny and Super Mario Maker. First Mate Slagkick has been playing FFXIV, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, and 3D Sonic the Hedgehog.
– Anime Buoy, your port of call for anime recommendations, news bits, and discussions that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be!
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Game Over Take Over, your one-stop shop to “GO TO” for geekery galore
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the gay video game Prairie Home Companion
– Horde House, the show about all things online gaming but NEVER too seriously
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail
– Tables, Ladders, & Podcast, a professional wrestling podcast for the common man
– Joystick Jockeys, two LGBTQ gamers who love games and love talking about them