Game Buoy Podcast Episode 88 – Mutilation Is The Most Sincere Form Of Flattery
Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, July 26, 2015, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick discuss some notable examples of spiritual sequels in gaming!
This week, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick look at spiritual successors. Whether a game was changed to a new IP during development, made by the same creative team but done elsewhere, or revived by original creators using Kickstarter, the Podcast Pirates look at some notable examples of spiritual successors, how they came to be, and what they share with their original games.
FINAL FANTASY XIV!
This week we’re talking about spiritual successors! What’s your favorite? Any you’re looking forward to?
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Game Over Take Over, your one-stop shop to “GO TO” for geekery galore
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the gay video game Prairie Home Companion
– Horde House, the show about all things online gaming but NEVER too seriously
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail
– Tables, Ladders, & Podcast, a professional wrestling podcast for the common man
– MultiTap Podcast, a discussion in the round about gaming then and now
– Joystick Jockeys, two LGBTQ gamers who love games and love talking about them