Game Buoy Podcast Episode 85 – E3 Wrap Up
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, June 21, 2015, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick reflect on this year’s E3 conference.
– Guitar Hero Live was featured at E3, with a look at the Guitar Hero TV feature.
– Evolve will have a second season pass, while Hitman is going to be offering its content for free.
– More details have been announced about World of Final Fantasy.
– Faith won’t be able to use guns in Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst.
– Tetsuya Nomura has said, “Please look forward to it,” in regards to the Honeybee Inn sequence of FFVIII appearing in the remake.
– Fallout Shelter is coming to Android devices.
– Udon Entertainment will be publishing the Persona 4 manga in the United States.
– Grand Kingdom for PS4 and Vita is an upcoming tactical RPG where four kingdoms will fight for control.
– Pac-Man 256, an upcoming free mobile title, honors Pac-Man’s 35th anniversary with an homage to the level 256 glitch in the original game.
– Yoichi Wada is officially no longer part of Square Enix.
– Konami’s new music game, Museca, looks very similar to an American rhythm game.
– Things are not looking good for Beyond Good and Evil 2.
– Over 15,000 angry gamers have signed a petition for Nintendo to cancel Metroid Prime: Federation Force.
– Itagaki-san has told fans to “calm down” in response to Devil’s Third not appearing at E3 2015.
– The controversial jiggly breasts of Street Fighter V are caused by a glitch and will be fixed.
Now that this year’s E3 has come to a close, the Podcast Pirates reflect on this year’s conference and discuss the strength and weakness of each of the press conferences, sharing what they are most looking forward to and giving each presentation a letter grade. How did the companies rank up this year? Listen and find out!
Captain Spike has been playing Spider-Man Unlimited, Bayonetta, and Final Fantasy XIV. First Mate Slagkick has been playing our boy Roy in Super Smash Bros.
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Game Over Take Over, your one-stop shop to “GO TO” for geekery galore
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the gay video game Prairie Home Companion
– Horde House, the show about all things online gaming but NEVER too seriously
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail
– Tables, Ladders, & Podcast, a professional wrestling podcast for the common man
– MultiTap Podcast, a discussion in the round about gaming then and now