Game Buoy Podcast Episode 76 – (My Game Wants To) Party All The Time: A Game Buoy Spotlight on Party Games at the Game Buoy Party Games Games Party
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, April 5, 2015, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick provide a brief history of party games and share their experiences hosting the Game Buoy Party Games Games Party.
– Ghost in the Shell Online will launch in North America first.
– Japanese game executive Ryoei Mikage of Imageepoch has gone missing.
– The Binding of Isaac will finally be getting a release on non-Sony platforms.
– The Legend of Zelda for Wii U has been delayed and will no longer release in 2015.
– Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden hits June 11.
– Omega Quintet hits PS4 on April 28 in North America.
– Halo 5 is coming out on October 27.
– Rodea the Sky Soldier arrives in North America and Europe this September.
– Nintendo is teaming up with Japanese mobile giant DeNA to make smartphone games.
– Nintendo’s next console is code named the Nintendo NX.
– Nintendo 3DS owners in Japan can get a Sega Dreamcast theme.
– Final Fantasy XI is getting a smartphone version and a mobile spinoff.
– Square Enix WILL be revealing a new console JRPG this year.
– Rare teased a Banjo-Kazooie game at SXSW.
– Dragon Age: Inquisition’s Jaws of Hakkon DLC will be hitting PS3, PS4, and 360 in May.
– Obsidian removed a fan-created transmisogynistic limerick from the game after players voiced their disapproval.
– Dragon Quest Heroes II has been announced for Sony hardware!
– Capcom is hosting a BIG Monster Hunter Event in Japan in May.
– A roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, CA is getting a Monster Hunter themed makeover.
DOOM AND GLOOM
– Atari has been bullying the indie developer behind Tempest 2000 for over 20 years.
– Service for Initial D Perfect Shift Online, the free to play game for 3DS in Japan, is ending.
– Mario Maker has been delayed until Fall 2015.
– Lucas returns to Smash Bros. this June as DLC!
– Mewtwo will be available in Smash Bros. on April 28.
– Yoshi’s Wooly World is confirmed for 2015 release and will support a new set of Yarn Yoshi amiibo.
– An update is coming for Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. that will allow you to fast forward through enemy turns.
– Attack on Titan’s 3DS game is coming west in May!
– Fatal Frame for Wii U has been confirmed for western release!
– Pokemon Rumble World is the next free to play game for 3DS.
– Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is going to be a full fledged console JRPG experience set in modern day Japan.
– N64 and DS games are now supported on the Wii U Virtual Console!
– Mario Kart 8 is getting a 200cc difficulty!
This week, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick talk about party games! With the recent release of Mario Party 10, the Podcast Pirates decided to host the Game Buoy Party Games Games Party (sponsored by GAMEBUOY.ORG). They provide a brief history and their experiences with party games (itself a loosely defined genre) before sharing interviews conducted at the Game Buoy Party Games Games Party.
RUMOR HAS IT
– Rumors abound at Konami that Kojima-san is leaving the company after MGS5 releases.
– Alleged concept art from an alleged cancelled Kingdom Hearts mobile game has been leaked.
SMASH!! (new title pending)
– Battlefield Hardline Review: Cop Out (Paste)
Austin Walker for Paste Magazine provides a well-written review for the new Battlefield game that looks at the larger implications of games about police brutality.
This week we talk PARTY GAMES! What is your favorite game to play with your friends?
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Game Over Take Over, your one-stop shop to “GO TO” for geekery galore
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the podcast that “fills your brain with hours of gay video game commentary”
– Horde House, the show about all things online gaming but NEVER too seriously
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail
– Tables, Ladders, & Podcast, a professional wrestling podcast for the common man
– MultiTap Podcast, a discussion in the round about gaming then and now