Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, March 15, 2015, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick take a look back on the history of everyone’s favorite pink puffball, Kirby!
This week, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick take a look at the history of everyone’s favorite pink puffball, Kirby! From his modest beginnings on the Game Boy to a wide variety of experimental games, the Podcast Pirates discuss the evolution of HAL Laboratory’s well-loved franchise.
Captain Spike has been playing Cities: Skylines. First Mate Slagkick has been playing Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.
This week we talk Nintendo’s most experimental series. No, not Pikmin, KIRBY!!! What’s your favorite game starring the loveable puffball?
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Game Over Take Over, your one-stop shop to “GO TO” for geekery galore
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the podcast that “fills your brain with hours of gay video game commentary”
– Horde House, the show about all things online gaming but NEVER too seriously
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail
– Tables, Ladders, & Podcast, a professional wrestling podcast for the common man
– MultiTap Podcast, a discussion in the round about gaming then and now