Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, March 8, 2015, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick dish out the biggest announcements from GDC and PAX East 2015!
– Final Fantasy Type-0 HD has a hidden movie and a new costume.
– Video of Koji Igarashi’s GDC 2014 presentation on what makes a Metroidvania game is now online!
– Nash is coming back in Street Fighter V, and there will be an online beta for the game.
– World of Warcraft will start selling subscription tokens in an upcoming patch.
– Final Fantasy: Record Keeper is coming to the U.S.
– Zelda DLC is now available for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.
– Shovel Knight’s Plague of Shadows expansion is coming soon.
– The Battletoads will appear in the Xbox One version of Shovel Knight!
– The Donkey Kong Country trilogy is back on Virtual Console after two years, now for Wii U.
– The Wii version of Rodea the Sky Soldier will be included in the first print copies of the North American release of the Wii U game!
– Five Nights at Freddy’s 3 got a surprise release!
– A trailer for the final Sunset Overdrive DLC has been released.
– Fans have made a working tech demo of an early build of Sonic X-treme for PC.
– Theathrhythm Dragon Quest is getting a Japanese demo.
– Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be out worldwide on September 1.
– – Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend is coming to North America this summer.
– Azure Striker Gunvolt recieved an update in North America.
– Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 has been announced for 3DS!
– Retro-inspired exploration game Axiom Verge is out on PS4 on March 31.
– A supposed Mystic Quest HD release is probably a scam that will give you spyware.
– A 1991 Kunio-kun game for the Famicom is getting a 3DS sequel!
– Mortal Kombat X is coming to mobile platforms as a free-to-play card based battler.
– Trine 3 has been announced for PC release in the coming year.
– HBO Go is blocked on PS4 for Comcast users.
– Digimon is bringing back the Digidevice for its 15th anniversary.
– Gal Gun is getting a sequel.
– Corpse Party will get a new additional scenario for its 3DS release.
– Tetsuya Mizuguchi’s mysterious puzzle game, 18, is coming soon for mobile platforms!
– Box Boy, Nintendo and HAL Laboratory’s throwback sensation, is coming to the U.S. this spring.
– LASTFIGHT is basically an indie Power Stone!
DOOM AND GLOOM
– EA has shut down the main Maxis campus in Emeryville.
– No One Lasts Forever is stuck in ownership limbo.
– Unreal Engine 4 is now free for developers.
– Unity 5 is available, free for developers.
– Source 2 has been announced and will be free for developers.
– Sony’s Project Morpheus is coming in 2016 and now supports 120fps!
– HTC and Valve have partnered up for the HTC Vive VR headset.
– Todd Harper (from Gayme Bar!) calls for more diversity in body type representation in gaming.
– Fables Legends cross-play will be entirely blind to platform.
– Thumper is a terrifying new rhythm game from ex-Rock Band team members.
RUMOUR HAS IT
– Phil Harrison is reported to be leaving Microsoft.
– ROCK BAND 4 HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 AND XBOX ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
– Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward will be released June 23.
– FFXIV: Heavensward brings a new region, a new race, and three new jobs!
– Hisako, Killer Instinct’s new character, is based on Japanese horror movie tropes.
– One of the two new Overwatch characters is a strong, full figured woman!
– Heroes of the Storm is getting two new maps.
– Hearthstone’s next adventure is Blackrock Mountain.
– Nisha and Claptrap from Borderlands are available as secret, unlockable Dance Central Spotlight dancers.
– Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel will be getting a level cap raise and the Claptastic Voyage DLC this month.
– DC Universe’s MOBA, Infinite Crisis, launches March 26 on Steam.
– Amazon Game Studios is bringing four games to iOS and Fire devices, some of which are in partnership with familiar names.
SMASH!! (new title pending)
– Take A Look At The Legacy Of Kain Game That Got Killed (Kotaku)
Kotaku presents a great look at the Legacy of Kain game that could have been but sadly, never ever will be.
– GDC 2015 Game Developers Conference (Polygon)
Your one stop shop to go to for GDC galore!
– PAX East 2015 News and Previews Round Up (Game Informer)
An all-in-one buffet of PAX East 2015 nibbles.
Captain Spike has been Playing MonHun4U and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Slagkick had some fun times at the SS Game Buoy with Four Swords Adventure and Rock Band 3, and he also played Coming Out Simulator 2014.
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Game Over Take Over, your one-stop shop to “GO TO” for geekery galore
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the podcast that “fills your brain with hours of gay video game commentary”
– Horde House, the show about all things online gaming but NEVER too seriously
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail
– Tables, Ladders, & Podcast, a professional wrestling podcast for the common man