Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, January 18, 2015, Captain Spike and Slagkick discuss the most recent Nintendo Direct presentation!
– Triple Triad and Chocobo Racing are coming to Final Fantasy XIV as part of the Gold Saucer!
– Brandish: The Dark Revenant is scheduled for release this month.
– Mighty No. 9’s development is complete and is now being ported to its various platforms!
– Music from Xenogears and SaGa Frontier are part of the latest batch of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call DLC.
– Five Nights at Freddy’s 3 is on its way.
– Miyamoto-san says a new F-Zero game would require a new controller interface.
– Durarara characters appear in Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker.
– Natsume says that Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley “has exceeded expectations.”
– Bravely Second’s producer joked about making localization as difficult as possible and reveals that residents of the Moon speak English.
– Plague Knight is getting a campaign in Shovel Knight.
– Leaked Pokemon Hoopa will be the start of the next movie.
– Older versions of Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Hinata will appear in Ultimate Ninja Storm 4.
– The new Tekken 7 fighter has been revealed, as well as clarification regarding Lucky Chloe.
– Omen is the next character coming to Killer Instinct.
– Playstation TV’s price has been cut at major retailers.
– DmC: Definitive Edition’s release has been moved forward one week.
– Heroes of the Storm has entered closed beta.
– Phantom Dust for Xbox One will retell the original game’s story and may be launched in a free to play model.
– Changes coming to WildStar aim to focus on a multitude of playstyles and reduce the grind.
– Driveclub is getting a free Japan track as DLC later this month.
– Lufia: The Legend Returns is available now on 3DS Virtual Console!
– Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX arrives at the end of May.
– Breath of Fire comes to Wii U Virtual Console on February 12.
– Pillars of Eternity launches on March 26.
– The release schedule of Resident Evil Revelations 2 has been delayed a week.
– Rock Band gets its first new DLC in almost two years with recent hits from Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, and Avenged Sevenfold.
– A fan translation of the PSP release of Makai Kingdom is nearly complete.
– F-Zero GP Legend and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones are available on the Wii U Virtual Console in Europe.
– A game called Sonic Runners has been announced for smartphones.
– The creator of Dragon Quest says that several games are in development to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the series.
– King of Fighters ’94 Re-bout is getting a PS2 Classics re-release.
– Sayonara, Umihara Kawase’s Vita port will have added content.
– Persona Q is getting two companion manga volumes: one for Persona 3 and one for Persona 4.
– PlayAsia now has a Gamecube Controller Adapter for Wii U and PC for sale.
– Fire Emblem is getting a card game and a manga in Japan.
– You can now play 2,386 classic PC games in your browser for free.
– Monument Valley’s developers revealed that only 5% of Android players paid to play.
– Microsoft has announced Forza Motorsport 6 with special Ford content.
– The Last of Us: Remastered is now pre-installed on PS4 bundles.
– Twitch has introduced free to use music for streams.
– Square Enix will reveal a new game on January 31.
This week, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick discuss the recent Nintendo Direct presentations and take a look at Nintendo’s releases for the first part of 2015! With some updates on upcoming titles and some brand new surprise reveals, there is something for every Nintendo fan in what could be the most eventful beginning of year Direct to date.
RUMOR HAS IT
– A survey suggests a new Rock Band game is coming to the new generation of consoles!!!!
– Total War: Warhammer was accidentally announced in an art book.
– An asynchronous multiplayer Friday the 13th game is apparently in production.
SMASH! (New title pending) <img src=”underconstruction.gif”>
What It Feels Like to Be a G*merg*te Target (ABC News)
This ABC Nightline presentation continues the increasing mainstream coverage of the controversial movement involving sexism, harrassment and violent threats against women in the gaming industry.
Captain Spike has been playing Taiko no Tatsujin and One Piece Super Grand Battle X on his New Nintendo 3DS LL! He also has resubbed to FFXIV. First Mate Slagkick continues to play WoW with his death knight having hit 100.
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Game Over Take Over, your one-stop shop to “GO TO” for geekery galore
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the podcast that “fills your brain with hours of gay video game commentary”
– Horde House, the show about all things online gaming but NEVER too seriously
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail
– Tables, Ladders, & Podcast, a professional wrestling podcast for the common man