Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, December 28, 2014, the Podcast Pirates discuss the year 2014 in gaming!
– Nintendo says there will be no further balancing patches for Smash Bros.
– Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 will be coming west next year.
– Fairy Fencer F and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1 & 2 will be coming to Steam.
– Chrono Trigger, Bravely Default, and Romancing SaGa DLC is now available for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call in North America.
– Resident Evil HD pre-orders are cross buy for PS3 and PS4.
– 343 Industries will be providing a free ODST campaign to apologize for online issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
– Miyamoto-san confirms that players will be able to share levels online in Mario Maker.
– World of Warcraft is proposing a tradeable subscription currency.
– Classic visual novel Steins;gate is coming to western PS3 and Vita consoles next year.
– One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 is coming west and will also see a Steam release.
– J-Stars Victory Vs. is coming to North America for PlayStation Nation consoles.
– Hyperdimension Neptunia U will be coming west in Spring 2015.
– Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance will be coming to North America in Fall 2015.
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse is now available on the Wii U virtual console.
– DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition has been announced for Xbox One and PS4.
– Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition is coming to Xbox One and PS4.
– Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus is bringing the DS title in full widescreen glory to the Vita.
– PlayStation Now is coming to Samsung Smart TVs next year.
– Killer Instinct Classic will be getting online multiplayer.
– BlazBlue is getting a rhythm game starring Ragna the Bloodedge.
– Pokemon AlphaSapphire and OmegaRuby soundtracks are now available on iTunes.
– Knights of the Old Republic is available for Android devices.
– Harebrained Schemes will be launching a new crowdfunding campaign in January.
– Minecraft: Story Mode will be a new eposodic narrative game from Telltale and Mojang.
– Dangonronpa: Unlimited Battle is coming to iOS.
This week, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick discuss the year in gaming for 2014! The Podcast Pirates start by reviewing the biggest news stories in gaming this year before talking about the big 2014 games they missed. The highlight of the discussion, of course, is the Podcast Pirates’ annual Top 10 Games of the Year lists. Then, they check in on last year’s gaming resolutions before setting their Gaming New Year’s Resolutions for 2015 and sharing their most anticipated games and predictions for the new year.
RUMOR HAS IT
– Gravity Rush’s director says we will see his next project in 2015.
– A holiday Facebook post from Level-5 teases Western releases of Yo-Kai Watch and Little Battler’s Experience.
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Game Over Take Over, your one-stop shop to “GO TO” for geekery galore
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the podcast that “fills your brain with hours of gay video game commentary”
– Horde House, the show about all things online gaming but NEVER too seriously
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail
– Tables, Ladders, & Podcast, a professional wrestling podcast for the common man
Podcast: Play in new window | Download