Game Buoy Podcast Episode 68 – NINTENDO ALLSTARS BATTLE ROYALE (SMASH YR BROS, BRO)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, November 30, 2014, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick discuss the history of the Super Smash Bros. franchise.
– Madoka Magica costumes are appearing in Monster Hunter Frontier G.
– Goat MMO Simulator is the first free expansion for Goat Simulator.
– Kojima-san will be showing the new Metal Gear Online at The Game Awards.
– Bayonetta 2 and Hearthstone are amongst the nominees for The Game Awards.
– Hatoful Boyfriend is flocking to PS4 and Vita next year.
– Terra Battle has reached 1.2 million downloads and will get new music from Uematsu-san.
– Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, an expanded release of the game, is coming to Xbox One and PS4.
– The new content featured in Scholar of the First Sin is coming to the PS3, 360, and PC versions of Dark Souls II in February 2015.
– Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F the 2nd features the ability to import your Japanese save data.
– In response to Assassin’s Creed: Unity’s rampant bugs, the DLC will be free to all, and Season Pass holders will get their choice of a free Ubisoft game.
– 343 Industries has vowed to fix the faulty online multiplayer in Halo: The Master Chief Collection and pledges to “make this right with [their] fans.”
– Arc System Works is teasing game releases for PC.
– The original 3DS LL is being discontinued in Japan.
– Nintendo has delisted a homebrew-enabling game from the Japanese eShop.
– Ron Gilbert’s new 2D adventure game has passed its crowdfunding goal.
– Sony is offering a small refund to Vita owners in response to an FTC settlement oer false ads.
– An Etrian Odyssey and Mystery Dungeon collaboration has been announced for 3DS.
– Etrian Odyssey V has been announced and has a teaser trailer.
– The producer of Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet will be announcing a new Capcom PS4 title.
– A new Final Fantasy mobile RPG features time travel and similarities to Chrono Trigger, FFV, and FFVI.
– The next Final Fantasy smartphone game is in development with the makers of Brave Frontier.
– Square Enix has stealthily released a strategy RPG game for Android devices.
– Square Enix is announcing a “brand new RPG” in December.
DOOM AND GLOOM
– An unannounced Double Fine game has been canceled and resulted in the loss of 12 staff members.
This week, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick discuss the 15 year history of the Super Smash Bros. franchise! Starting from its humble beginnings as a low-budget HAL Laboratory side project, and then only originally planned for Japanese release, the original Super Smash Bros. for N64 was such a smash (pun intended) that it spawned its own sub-genre of fighting games. The Podcast Pirates discuss the growth of the series in terms of roster, gameplay, and its presence in the competitive scene, as well as Smash Bros. “clones” for those craving similar games.
RUMOR HAS IT
– Infinity Blade Saga is rumored to be a compilation of the Infinity Blade games for Xbox One.
SMASH!! (new title pending)
– How Sony’s Blunder Revived Vib-Ribbon, a Long-Lost Classic (Wired)
Chris Kohler from Wired presents a great write-up of how Vib-Ribbon finally got an official American release!
Captain Spike has been playing Hyrule Warriors (with Slagkick), World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (with Slagkick), Pokemon OmegaRuby, and bought a replacement PS3 in advance of Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMIX!
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Game Over Take Over, your one-stop shop to “GO TO” for geekery galore
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the podcast that “fills your brain with hours of gay video game commentary”
– Nerdgasm Network, the wildest shock jock video game radio show on the internet
– Horde House, the show about all things online gaming but NEVER too seriously
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail
– Tables, Ladders, & Podcast, a professional wrestling podcast for the common man