Game Buoy Podcast Episode 66 – ~L.P.~ (Listenable Podcast)
Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Saturday, October 25, 2014, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick discuss beloved horror game franchise Silent Hill!
DOOM AND GLOOM
This week, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick visit the foggy town of Silent Hill! The Podcast Pirates look back at the history of Konami’s classic horror game franchise and examine the themes and motifs of the beloved series. They look at the “golden age” of Silent Hill through Silent Hill 4, the more recent entries in the title where the focus of the series may have strayed, and what P.T. suggests about the future of the franchise. Did the Silent Hill games really get worse, or is it just that Silent Hill fans are very passionate about their series? Listen to the discussion to find out what the Podcast Pirates have to say!
RUMOUR HAS IT
Captain Spike has been playing The Legend of Korra, Fantasy Live, and Civilization: Beyond Earth. First Mate Slagkick has dipped his feet into Civilization: Beyond Earth and has been exploring Patch 6.0.2 in World of Warcraft.
This week, the Podcast Pirates were going to bring you a well researched article about a current social media controversy in the gaming sphere that incorporated concrete data, but the climate of discussing this topic is presently not one where Game Buoy feels safe discussing their thoughts on this topic without risk of personal repercussion. Read into that as you may.
This week: The creeptacular continues as we discuss the Silent Hill series! Are you a fan? Which game is your favorite?
FB Bonus: We’ve talked a bit about PT already, but we want to hear about it from you from a little different angle this week, what parts of PT’s design do you hope stick in the final version of the next Silent Hill game?
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Game Over Take Over, your one-stop shop to “GO TO” for geekery galore
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the podcast that “fills your brain with hours of gay video game commentary”
– Nerdgasm Network, the wildest shock jock video game radio show on the internet
– Horde House, the show about all things online gaming but NEVER too seriously
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail