Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, August 24, 2014, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick recap Microsoft and Sony’s big announcements from Gamescom 2014!
– World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor will be released on November 13.
– Guily Gear Xrd -SiGN- will be released in Japan on December 4, with a North American release coming before the end of 2014.
– Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd will be released in North America on November 18, with a European release three days later.
– Arc System Work’s rhythm puzzle game, Magical Beat, is now available for Vita in the West.
– Etrian Odyssey II Untold: The Knight of Fafnir has been announced for 3DS.
– Assassin’s Creed Rogue for PS3 and 360 will conclude the story of Assassin’s Creed III and IV.
– Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate’s newest character, Nyotengu, will be available for download in the West on September 2 and 3 in North America and Europe.
– Ganondorf will be playable in Hyrule Warriors!
– The Resident Evil remake is getting an HD remake next year.
– Shiny Beldum will be available via a distribution event at the launch of Pokemon AlphaSappphire and OmegaRuby.
– Harada-san, producer of the Tekken series, is seeking fan feedback in creating a culturally accurate Arabic character in Tekken 7.
– Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment’s major content patch will be available from the game’s September release in North America and will remain free until November 18.
– Dreamfall Chapters will be a PS4 console exclusive.
– Azure Striker Gunvolt hits North America on August 29.
– Mighty Gunvolt will be available free to Gunvolt buyers in North America, too!
– Team Fortress 2 characters are joining Super Time Force Ultra.
– hThe Prince from obscure Game Boy title Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru will be an assist trophy in Smash 3DS.
– Sakurai-san says that Smash 3DS alone has more trophies than Brawl did.
– The Nightmare Wizard of Kirby fame will be an assist trophy in Super Smash Bros.
– Ghirahim will be an assist trophy in Super Smash Bros.
– Smash 3DS will let you listen to music in sleep mode!
– Sega has revealed the next Yakuza game, Yakuza Zero, for PS3 and PS4.
– Square Enix says a new Dragon Quest Monsters game is in production.
– BioShock is getting an iOS port and will sync between your iOS devices.
– Chaos Rings III is coming to iOS, Android, and Vita on October 16, and the Vita title will include the first two games.
– Renegade Kid has announced Xeodrifter, a Metroidvania game, for 3DS.
– The actor who played Randal from Clerks will be voicing the (unrelated) character Randal in the upcoming game Randal’s Monday.
– Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 has been announced for 3DS and Vita.
– Kamen Riders Summonride will take its inspiration from Skylanders.
– Sega is releasing a 3DS sequel in its multimedia franchise Hero Bank.
– Dontnod Entertainment of Remember Me fame is making a new episodic adventure game, Life is Strange.
– Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition is coming to PC, Xbox One, and PS4.
– Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies is coming to iOS in North America and Europe.
– PS4 game Aer will let you turn into a bird and save the world without any combat at all.
– Xbox 360 Japanese-only indie title Protect Me Knight is getting a 3DS sequel.
– Puyo Puyo Tetris is coming to Japanese PS4 and Xbox One consoles.
– Sony is holding a PlayStation press conference on September 1.
– A “shocking” new Pokemon project is being announced on August 26.
DOOM AND GLOOM
– Ultima Forever is coming to an end at the end of this month.
– Nintendo’s indie spokesman has left the company to pursue work as an independent contractor.
This week, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick share the news that Microsoft and Sony announced during this year’s installment of Gamescom, Europe’s largest video game conference!
– A bevy of indie titles are coming to Xbox One as console exclusives.
– Killer Instinct Season 2 launches October 15.
– The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta will launch on December 29.
– Xbox One is getting the ability to pre-order and pre-download games.
– A new trailer for Below has been released, with the game due out in 2015.
– A white Xbox One bundle featuring a digital copy of Sunset Overdrive hits October 28.
– Ori and the Blind Forest will get a PC and Xbox One launch this holiday season.
– Fable Legends will have a multiplayer beta in October.
– Screamride is a seemingly futuristic roller coaster game coming to Xbox One in 2015.
– A beta for Evolve will launch in January
– Rise of the Tomb Raider will be an Xbox One exclusive.
– Journey and The Unfinished Swan are coming to PS4 in 1080p and 60 fps and will feature cross-buy with PS3.
– Worldwide PS4 sales have reached 10 million!
– Q Games is working on a new PS4 game called The Tomorrow Children.
– The first expansion for Destiny will launch in December!
– NinjaTheory is working on a new IP, Hellblade, for release on PS4.
– Hideo Kojima’s P.T. is a playable teaser available on the PSN Store.
– Crackdown 2 developer Ruffian is working on Hollowpoint, a 2.5D style shooter, for PS4.
– Mike Bithell of Thomas Was Alone fame is working on his next game, Volume, coming first to PlayStation platforms.
– Tearaway Unfolded, an enhanced version of last year’s Vita title, is coming to PS4.
– Housemarque, the studio behind Resogun, is working on Alienation for PS4.
– DayZ is officially coming to the PS4.
– Ubisoft’s Michel Ancel has announced that Wild Sheep Studio’s debut title will be Wild, an open world adventure game exclusively for PS4.
– Until Dawn, a previously announced PS3 game putting you in the shoes of teens in a slasher film, has been re-revealed as a PS4 title.
– SharePlay is coming to PS4 with the upcoming 2.0 system update.
Captain Spike has been playing Theathrythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call, Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited, and World of Warcraft. Slagkick has jumped back into World of Warcraft for good and has been playing his way through the scenarios of Roller Coaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack.
This week we’re talking about Gamescom 2014. Was there any news that really got your attention? For us here on the SS Game Buoy, the biggest news last week was the surprise PSN release of Hideo Kojima’s PT. Have you played it yet? What do you think?
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Game Over Take Over, your one-stop shop to “GO TO” for geekery galore
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the podcast that “fills your brain with hours of gay video game commentary”
– Nerdgasm Network, the wildest shock jock video game radio show on the internet
– Horde House, the show about all things online gaming but NEVER too seriously
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail
Podcast: Play in new window | Download