Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, May 1, 2016, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick discuss the latest Nintendo financial briefing and what it means for Nintendo’s plans over the next business year.
– Oxenfree is coming to PS4 with enhanced features and a New Game+ mode.
– Yo-Kai Watch content is coming to FFXIV!
– Details have been announced for FFXIV’s Patch 3.3.
– A special Persona 5 stream will be airing on May 5.
– Samurai Rising, Square Enix’s new mobile action RPG, takes inspiration from Crystal Chronicles.
– Metroid Prime: Federation Force comes to Japan and North America in August and Europe in September.
– River City: Tokyo Rubmle releases in North America this summer for 3DS.
– Tales of Berseria comes west in early 2017.
– Hatsune Miku Project Diva X HD will release in Japan on August 25 for PS4.
– Hatsune Miku Project Diva X comes to North America on August 30.
– Pocket Card Jockey hits the North American 3DS eShop on May 5.
– Mini Mario and Friends: amiibo Challenge is now available for all on the eShop.
– Xenoblade Chronicles is now available on the Wii U Virtual Console in North America.
– King of Fighters XIV is releasing in North America on August 23.
– JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven releases on June 28.
– God Eater REsurrection and God Eater 2: Rage Burst are coming in July and August.
– Valkyrie Anatomia’s tutorial service is now available in Japan.
– I am Setsuna releases in North America and Europe on July 19.
– Last Blade 2 is headed to PS4 and Vita on May 24 with cross buy support.
– Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force is coming in July.
– SNK Playmore has changed its name back to SNK.
– Kingdom Hearts Orchestra World Tour has been announced for 2017.
– Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu is getting a PC release this fall.
– New screenshots have been revealed for the FFXI smartphone reboot.
– Corpse Party’s original 2008 edition is now on Steam.
– CyberConnect2 is developing an original shooting action project called Venom.
– CyberConnect2 has opened a studio in Montreal.
– The Sega Mega Drive Classics hub in Steam features Steam Workshop support.
DOOM AND GLOOM
– NIS America is no longer the publisher for Atlus in Europe.
– The Outerworld services for Lightning Returns have been shut down.
– Tatsuya Minami has resigned as CEO and president of Platinum Games.
This week, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick discuss the latest Nintendo financial briefing and what it means for Nintendo’s plans over the next business year. They look at both the good and bad news from the report and speculate about the NX given its non-traditional release window.
Reading material below:
Captain Spike has been playing WoW, SNK CARDFIGHTERS CLASH, and Star Fox Zero. Slagkick has been playing CROSSxBEATS REV., Museca, and WoW.
This week we’re talking about Nintendo’s 2015 financial briefing and plans for 2016! What are your thoughts?
– Orange Lounge Radio
– Ranger Pride
– Girls Gone Wow
– The Bobby Blackwolf Show
– Girls Gone WoW
– Starboard Power Coupling
– Gayme Bar
– Video Game Realness
– Nintendo Fun Club
– Nintendo Lovefest
– Joystick Jockeys
– Qoopa Klub
– La Palanca Podcast
Great Non-Gaming Shows
– Anime Buoy
– Reading is Fundamental
– Tables, Ladders, and Podcast