Game Buoy Podcast Episode 107 – Belated Blizzard Birthday Buoy
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, April 17, 2016, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick celebrate 25 years of Blizzard!
– Sengoku Basara: Legend of Sanada Yukimura is releasing in Japan this September.
– New information has been revealed about Pokemon Go.
– Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse is coming to North America this summer.
– Dissidia Final Fantasy has added Gardland.
– Miitomo has 4 million active users and an estimated $280,000 weekly revenue.
– Let It Die will be showcased by GungHo at PAX East.
– Pokemon Comaster has launched in Japan.
– Signing up for the Pokemon Trainer Club newsletter will net you codes for the legendary birds.
– The producer of Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni and Uppers hopes the cames will be localized outside Japan.
– Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden has added 3 new modes in its latest patch.
– Monaco and Doom 3: BFG Edition are now backwards compatible on Xbox One.
– WoW’s new challenge mode dungeons will function a lot like Diablo III’s Greater Rifts.
– Kingdom Hearts Unchained X has launched in North America.
– Ray Gigant will release in NA and EU on May 3.
– Severed comes to the Vita on April 26.
– Attack on Titan will hit in August.
– Umbrella Corps. is coming out in June, not May.
– Yo-Kai Watch 3 will release in Japan on July 16 in Sushi and Tempura versions.
– Godly Prison Tower: Mary Skelter will release in Japan on October 13.
– Tales of Beseria releases in Japan on August 18.
– Dynasty Warriors Eiketsuden has been announced for PS3, PS4, and Vita.
– Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters: Ultimate Card Battle has been announced for 3DS.
– A teaser trailer has been released for Dragon Ball Fusion.
– Valkyire Anatomia Oirign has been announced for smartphones and has a trailer.
– Square Enix has teased a smartphone game called Project Rising.
– Sailor Moon Drop is available for iOS and Android.
– Romancing SaGa 2 is headed west for smartphones.
– Superdimension Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls comes to the west this fall!
– An unknown Neo Geo game was discovered.
DOOM AND GLOOM
– Chronos Materia has been cancelled.
– Kingdom Hearts X (the browser game) is shutting down in Japan this September.
– Nosgoth is shutting down.
– Blizzard has shut down the legacy vanilla WoW server, Nostalrius.
– Rust has randomly activated female playable characters in the game.
– Game Industry Veteran Writes Horrifying Article In Defense Of Poor Working Conditions (Kotaku)
–Report: This is what Activision’s cancelled Guitar Hero MMO looked like (Gamasutra)
– The Mess That Came After Nintendo Fired An Employee (Kotaku)
This week, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick belatedly honor Blizzard’s 25th anniversary, which was back in February! From the company’s origins as a small group of college graduates known as Silicon and Synapse, to the PC gaming powerhouse that it is today, Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick discuss the history of the company and its pillar franchises that entertain millions of players to this day.
RUMOR HAS IT
– A bidding war is apparently underway for the rights to a live action Pokemon movie.
Captain Spike has been playing Destiny, Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, and Bravely Second. First Mate Slagkick has been playing Pokemon X and Kingdom Hearts Unchained X.
Blizzard turned 25 back in February, but this week we celebrate their belated birthday! Which of their games are you a fan of?
Bonus question: In other big Blizzard news, the Overwatch beta weekend is happening right now! Are you in? What do you think of it?
– Orange Lounge Radio
– Ranger Pride
– Girls Gone Wow
– The Bobby Blackwolf Show
– Girls Gone WoW
– Starboard Power Coupling
– Gayme Bar
– Video Game Realness
– Nintendo Fun Club
– Nintendo Lovefest
– Joystick Jockeys
– Qoopa Klub
– La Palanca Podcast
Great Non-Gaming Shows
– Anime Buoy
– Reading is Fundamental
– Tables, Ladders, and Podcast