Ahoy, mateys, and welcome to the Game Buoy podcast – your twice monthly port of call for gaming news and views that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be! On this episode, recorded Sunday, January 24, 2016, the Force is with Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick as they discuss their favorite (and least favorite) Star Wars games!
– Theatrhythm’s producer has expressed an interest in continuing the series.
– The closed beta for Phantasy Star Online 2 for PS4 in Japan will be February 25 to March 6.
– Hades Izanami will be playable in BlazeBlue: Central Fiction.
– Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games is coming in March.
– Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator releases in Japan on May 26 with Kum Haehyun DLC.
– Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator launches June 7 in North America.
– Pokken Tournament’s home release is on March 18 worldwide.
– Danganronpa 2 is coming to Steam, and more from Spike Chunsoft is on its way as well!
– Lego Marvel’s Avengers will be getting free DLC exclusively for PS3 and PS4.
– There will be a new King of Fighters anime and live action film.
– Details for North American New 3DS and European 2DS Pokemon bundles have been revealed!
– Cities: Snowfall is the next expansion to Cities: Skyline and will add weather to the game.
– Black Desert Online’s powerful character creation tool is now available as a standalone app.
– Microsoft and Mojang have announced Minecraft Education Edition.
– Super Robot Taisen OG: Moon Dwellers has been announced for PS3 and PS4.
– A new Dragon Ball RPG called Project Fusion has been announced for 3DS.
– Funimation has entered a partnership that will bring Tokyo Ghoul and Fairy Tale games in 2016.
– Five Nights at Freddy’s World is available on PC now.
– Wild Arms’ creator has teased a 20th anniversary meeting.
YOU’LL GET CAUGHT UP IN A KICKSTARTER
– Children of Zodiarcs is a tactical RPG game that was part of the Square Enix Collective and now seeks funding for release as it nears completion.
DOOM AND GLOOM
– Nintendo is deleting people’s Mario Maker stages without explaining why.
– Jonathan Blow’s new puzzle game, The Witness, launches at a $40 price point.
– Nintendo has responded to changes in the Fire Emblem: Fates localization.
This week, the Force is with Captain Spike and First Mate Slagkick as they discuss some of their favorite (and least favorite) Star Wars games! The Podcast Pirates give a run down of each game including development history, gameplay, and how it connects to the greater Star Wars universe.
This week, we discuss Star Wars games! Have you played any? Which are your faves?
FB BONUS: Inversely, which were your LEAST favorites?
RUMOR HAS IT
– Anime Buoy, your port of call for anime recommendations, news bits, and discussions that maybe aren’t on your radar, but most definitely should be!
– Qoopa Klub, an award-winning* Nintendo-centric LGBT podcast (*award is from their moms)
– Orange Lounge Radio, where EVERY gamer has a voice
– Video Game Realness, serving up a weekly dose of gaming chit chat among friends
– Nintendo Fun Club, a podcast about platformers, positivity, and pop-punk
– Gayme Bar, the gay video game Prairie Home Companion
– Girls Gone WoW, for a female perspective on the world’s most popular MMO
– La Palanca Podcast, podcast por y para gay gamers latinoamericános en español
– X-Nation, an awesome podcast focusing on Marvel’s Mighty Mutants
– The Starboard Power Coupling Podcast, a Star Trek podcast you hope doesn’t fail
– Tables, Ladders, & Podcast, a professional wrestling podcast for the common man
– Joystick Jockeys, two LGBTQ gamers who love games and love talking about them